Head – Doctor of Economical Sciences, Professor
Hranovska Liudmyla Mykolaivna
Department of Irrigated Agriculture has begun its existence almost from the first days of the Institute foundation. During this period Department or its parts were leaded by the famous scientists in the field of agricultural melioration: Candidate of Agricultural Sciences, Professor V.I. Ostapov, Candidate of Agricultural Sciences V.A. Pysarenko, Candidate of Agricultural Sciences B.I. Laktionov, Doctor of Agricultural Sciences, Professor I.D. Filipiev, Doctor of Agricultural Sciences, Professor V.V. Hamayunova, Candidate of Agricultural Sciences A.V. Melashych, Doctor of Agricultural Sciences M.P. Maliarchuk, Doctor of Agricultural Sciences P.V. Pysarenko.
Department of Irrigated Agriculture deals with questions of tillage, irrigation regimes and nutrition of major crops, irrigation water quality; problems connected with preserving and enhancing of the irrigated soils fertility.
|Maliarchuk Mykola Petrovych||Major Research Officer, Doctor of Agricultural Sciences|
|Morozov Oleksii Volodymyrovych||Major Research Officer, Doctor of Agricultural Sciences, Professor|
|Pysarenko Pavlo Volodymyrovych||Major Research Officer, Doctor of Agricultural Sciences|
|Tomnytskyi Anatolii Valentynovych||Senior Researcher, Candidate of Agricultural Sciences|
|Maliarchuk Anastasiia Serhiivna||Senior Researcher, Candidate of Agricultural Sciences|
|Bulyhin Dmytro Oleksandrovych||Senior Researcher, Candidate of Agricultural Sciences|
|Luzhanskyi Ihor Yuriiovych||Researcher|
|Petriv Larysa Mykolayivna||Researcher|
|Myshukova Lidiia Serhiivna||Junior Researcher|
|Yurchenko Svetlana Mykhailivna||Laboratory assistant|
● Recommendations on the rationale use of the irrigated lands, irrigation regimes of crops, application of new cultivation technologies at the irrigated lands.
● Scientific support in crops cultivation technologies in crop rotations of the irrigated lands.
● Recommendations on efficient use of mineral fertilizers at the irrigated lands.
● Working out recommendations on additional fertilization of cereal crops. Recommendations on use of plant residues as organic fertilizers.
● Working out recommendations on keeping up the deficit-free humus balance at the irrigated lands.
● Working out recommendations of the rationale mineral fertilizers use according to the data of soil fertility regime.
● Working out recommendations on fertility restoration of the irrigation-degraded soils.
● Determining soil density of the arable and 0-100 cm layer and estimation of the content: waterproof units; humidity storage (total and productive).
● Soil water filtration capacity.
● Working out recommendations on optimization of the irrigated lands use according to peculiarities of farms.
● Soil analysis on the total and water-soluble humus content.
● Analysis of the mobile nutrition elements form content in soil (Nitrate, Ammonium, Phosphorus, Potassium).
● Analysis and irrigation evaluation of the natural water for irrigation.
● Determination of the ions content in soil saturation.
● Determination of the soil absorption complex composition.
● Determination of pH (salt, water).
Major scientific achievements:
The soil-saving and energy-saving systems of the primary tillage on various ecological and technological groups of lands for different crop rotations types were developed through the long-term and short-term field experiments.
Highly efficient anti-erosion tillage systems were developed for the irrigated and non-irrigated slope lands. The systems provide water flows prevention and soil washing away, and prevent deflation under the wind erosion conditions. Possibilities of the continuous flat plowing tillage with flat-cutters, chizel plows and cracking-machines at the dark-chestnut soils of the II and III ecological and technical groups in the Steppe Zone were proved by the results of the long-term field experiments. For the most spread fruit-changeable and row crops systems of the differentiate tillage (moldboard plowing once or twice in rotation is changed by shallow flat tillage with direct sowing in after-mow and after-harvest crops) were developed.
Since 70 years of the last century main investigations have been conducted in ecologization of the irrigation regimes, the maximum natural resources use and improvement of water use efficiency, application of water-saving ways of irrigation (microsprinkler irrigation, drip irrigation), strategical questions of the ecological and economic reasons of using water from the Sasyk lake have been put under consideration.
These developments allowed scientific substantiation and practical work out of the water-saving irrigation regimes, which have no analogs in the world. Besides, during this period new cultivation technologies for spring wheat, corn, sugar and fodder beet, cotton-plant and other crops at the irrigated lands and offers on the efficient use of the microsprinkler and drip irrigation were developed.
By the results of 30-year full-time departmental trials optimal parameters of the nutritive elements content in soil were established, which allowed to develop a new approach for determination of the optimum fertilizers doses. It allows to obtain the planned crops yields levels at less by 25-40% fertilizers application rates. The method is widely applied in production.
The resource-saving fertilization system of crops at the expense of winter wheat straw, corn stems, green and bacterial fertilizers use is being studied.
Study on the improvement of the irrigation water quality assessment in agricultural regularities of the modern soil processes and soil fertility parameters changes are being conducted, developments on the measures of soil fertility preserve and enhance at the irrigated lands of The South Steppe of Ukraine are being conducted. On this basis ways of the dark-chestnut soil fertility preserve and enhance under the drip irrigation are being developed and improved.