The Institute is a leading institution of the Scientific Support Center of Agricultural Production of Kherson Region. As the main establishment of the upper-mentioned Regional Center, the Institute has got close ties with agricultural enterprises, different level organizations, collective and private farms. The Institute works on introduction of the innovations in production.
12 organizations and establishments are involved into activity of the Scientific Support Center of Agricultural Production of Kherson Region.
The total agricultural lands square in the region is about 6613.1 thousand ha, 5542.2 thousand ha of them are arable. The irrigated lands occupy 15.3% or 845.3 thousand ha in the structure.
Taking in account the fact that all the territory of Kherson Region is situated in the highly dry zone with hydrothermical coefficient about 0.40-0.65 there is the most area of the irrigated lands in Ukraine there, which is 426.4 thousand ha or 35% of the arable land (arable lands’ square is 1772.4 thousand ha).
Use of the intensive cultivation technologies assures obtaining winter wheat yields about 8.5-9.0 t/ha, corn yields about 12.0-15.0 t/ha, soybean yields about 4.0-5.0 t/ha. Vegetable crops cultivation at the systems of micro sprinkler irrigation and drip irrigation creates favorable conditions for vegetable crops productivity at the levels: cucumbers – 100-130 t, tomatoes – 100-110 t, onion – 80-100 t, water-melons – 60-80 t from 1 ha.
Scientific Support Center of Agricultural Production of Kherson Region works on the State Scientific Investigations Programmes, viz.:
1) Soil Resources: Forecast, Rational Use and Management
2) New Systems of Agriculture and Land Management
4) Energy-safe Technological Processes and Technique
7) Agricultural Microbiology
12) Plants Protection
13) Breeding of Cereal and Leguminous Crops
14) Crops Cultivation Technologies. Corn and Sorghum Breeding
15) Oil Crops
18) Vegetable and Melon-growing
22) Forage and Fodder Protein
24) Plants Gene Pool
40) Agrarian Economics
44) Innovative Development
45) Irrigated Agriculture
The main aims of the Center:
• Practical help to agro-industrial complex workers in the questions of agriculture, animal husbandry, plant science, mechanization, agricultural products processing, economics;
• Application of the scientific developments, adapted to conditions of the Steppe Zone, by the approbation, additional work-out and experimental testing;
• Seed-growing and animal breeding work;
• Conduction of agriculture at the irrigated and non-irrigated lands;
• Training and qualification rise of the agro-industrial production workers.
Members of the Council and Council Presidium in questions of the Scientific Support Center of Agricultural Production of Kherson Region activity:
|R. Vozhehova||Director of the Institute of Irrigated Agriculture of NAAS, Head of the Council|
|O. Palyvoda||The first Deputy Head of the Council, Chief of the Department of Agro-industrial Work of the Kherson Regional State Administartion|
|M. Maliarchuk||Deputy Head of the Council, Deputy Head of the Scientific Support Center of Kherson Region, Major Research Officer of the Department of Irrigated Agriculture of the Institute of Irrigated Agriculture of NAAS|
|V. Dudchenko||Deputy Head of the Council, Director of the Institute of Rice of NAAS|
|I. Biliaieva||Responsible Secretary of the Council, Head of the Department of Scientific-innovate Activity, Technologies Transfer and Intellectual Property of the Institute of Irrigated Agriculture of NAAS|
|M. Stepanova||Deputy Director of the Department of Agriculture Development and Irrigation of the Regional State Administration|
|Yu. Kyrylov||Rector of the State Higher Educational Estableshment “Kherson State Agricultural University”|
|Yu. Bardachov||Rector of the National Technical University|
|N. Lankina||Deputy Chief of the Department of Agro-industrial Work of the Kherson Regional State Administartion|